Date: 27th December 2014.
Time: 09:00 – 16:30
Location: Gulf Hotel, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
The Emergency Medicine & Disaster Institute is pleased to announce the last event in 2014 the Disaster Preparedness Course (DPC). It is a one-day course that is mainly interactive with s small didactic part. It addresses core competencies and builds insight on preparedness practical concept. It aims at delivering a measurable outcome to participants.
• Updates on Ebola and its risk of causing disaster.
• Analyze common problem and pitfalls that resulted from responding to recent disaster and discuss how to avoid them in the future.
• Discuss the role of professional individuals in planning and responding to disasters.
• Become familiar with the Disaster Response Structure.
• How to lead your institute in being prepared for mass casualty incidents or disaster.
• How to become reasonably and intellectually prepared and not scared
• Epidemiology and History of recent Disasters
• Disaster Planning & Response
• Disaster Organizational structure and Execution
• Medical and general management strategies of mass casualties
• Patterns of infectious and chemical related disaster.
• Post disaster assessment and recovery
• Pitfalls and barriers in disaster planning and response
Course Format: One or more of the following at a time:
• Group discussions of multiple case scenarios
• Critical thinking and analysis
• Table top exercises
• Brief didactic lectures
Target Audience: Intended participants include but not limited to:
• Emergency Department: physicians, nurses & technicians
• ICU & Operating Room: physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses
• Residents, interns, medical students & prehospital professionals
• Health care providers, administrators, public health personnel
• Safety, Security and emergency managers are also encouraged to attend.
• Actual taught hours is 6 educational hours
• BD150 per candidate. Regster online now
E M D I’s management
- Emergency Medicine
- Disaster Management
- Medicine at all
- Paramedics & Nursing
- Safety & Security
- Training & Quality